Today, we’ll look at the ultimate purpose of salvation: bringing God glory. We’ll begin with a quick review of Ephesians, then examine 4 things that lead to a life of power and strength that brings glory to God.
I. A QUICK REVIEW OF EPHESIANS:
- Ephesians 1.7 – We have been purchased by God through the blood of Jesus.
- Ephesians 1.13 – We have been sealed by the Spirit.
- Ephesians 1.18 – We are the possessors of the riches of a glorious inheritance.
- Chapter 3 is a prayer of application.
- How do we get to 3.20? It’s a process which is explained in 3.16-19.
II. FOUR STEPS TO POWER:
- 3.16 – Inner Strength. This is the ignition.
- Your inner person is the real you. Paul says it needs to be strong.]
- 2 Corinthians 4.16 – externally – you may be falling apart. Internally, you can be refreshed.
- Ephesians 3.16 – strengthened with power. (Dynamite).
- 3.16 – power through His Spirit. How do we take on the Spirit?
- Colossians 3.16 – Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly.
- Result? Confidence. Trust. Assurance.
- 2 Corinthians 4.7-10 – what a tremendous testimony!
- 3.17 – Indwelling Christ.
- Dwell – carries the meaning of settling down and being at home.
- Have you yielded your will to the Spirit?
- 3.18-19a- – Incomprehensible love.
- His love will flow from you. See John 13.34-35.
- This is something to be experienced.
- Comprehend: “seize” or “” Make it yours.
- Wording here is talking about deep, experiential knowledge.
- 3.19b – Infinite fullness.
- God removes the sin from us and fills the vacuum with Himself.
- 2 Corinthians 3.18 – Day by day this becomes more and more of a reality.
III: THE RESULT: A LIFE OF POWER.
- 3.20 describes a life of power.
- Colossians 1.29 – God worked in Paul
- He was a living illustration of Ephesians 3.20.
- 2 Timothy 1.7 – God did not give us a spirit of fear – but of power!
- Isaiah 40.28-31.
- As you follow the path you’ll see things in your life beyond imagination.
- Ephesians 3.21 – God wants to display His glory through the church.
- Is your life a demonstration of His power? Or, something else?