It’s a privilege to work with a forward-minded church family that has a clear sense of what it is trying to accomplish by the power of God. Stop and consider the blessing of being a part of the church family that is at peace. We need to praise and thank God for our blessings.
Three important things about 1 Corinthians 3.9-17:
- Jesus laid a foundation, 3.11a.
- Jesus is the foundation, 3.11b.
- This is the only foundation on which a life can be built.
- Jesus is the only foundation:
- For the Church, Matthew 16.14-16.
- For your life, Matthew 7.24-25.
- The foundation controls the shape and quality of the building.
How to Build a Spiritual House.
- Trust God’s Design.
- God is all knowing. See Psalm 102.25b-27; Malachi 3.6; Isaiah 46.10.
- Nothing is hidden from Him – Revelation 2.23b.
- He knows those who belong to Him, Malachi 3.16-17.
- He knows every trial we face, Psalm 56.8.
- God is absolutely wise.
- We need to trust His design for our lives.
- We need to understand the value of what we are investing in.
- God wants your heart. See Psalm 40.2-6; 51.16-17.
- What is your attitude toward things? See Matthew 16.24-26.
- Counting the cost. Are you committed to adding these virtues?
- Use Good Construction Practices.
- Strong relationships. Ephesians 5.18-21.
- Build with an understanding of who wants to dwell with you.
- God wants to occupy your life. See Ezekiel 36.26-27.
- John 14.23 – what is the intention of the Father and Son?
- Embrace it. Welcome Him into your life. Walk in His ways. You’ll never be alone. Satan can’t touch you.
- 1 Peter 2.10-12 – it’s all about glorifying God.
Leave the Porch Light On:
- God has recreated you for a distinct purpose.
- Ephesians 1.5-6; 2.4-7 – you are a showcase for grace.
- Through these things, you point the way to Christ. You live out the teaching of Jesus – Matthew 5.16.
- You can make a difference! Your spiritual house can be a safe place for others, a place of encouragement, and rest. 2 Corinthians 2.14; Philippians 4.18.
- On what foundation are you building?
- 1 Corinthians 3.13-14 – one day there is a test coming. Are you ready?