Where do you turn when life comes at you? What if you didn’t have a support system? As society continues to be secularized, it appears that the last place, for many, is to turn to God and His word. There is no hope in this world. There’s got to be somewhere else to turn. There is. Psalm 19 gives us the answer.
I. WHAT DOES GOD SAY ABOUT THE BIBLE?
- 6 sentences or statements. 6 Titles. 6 Characteristics. 6 Effects
II. SIX REASONS YOU CAN TRUST GOD’S WORD:
- 19.7a – the law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul.
- It’s effect: it totally transforms the inner person.
- Hebrews 4.12 – it is living and active…
- 19.7b – The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.
- It makes wise the simple. Think of an open door.
- The Bible teaches a person how to be skilled in all aspects of living.
- 19.8a – the precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart.
- Precepts: Divine principles. Psalm 119.105: They lead us down the right path.
- Walking down God’s path fills our heart with joy.
- John 15.11 – …that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
- 19.8b – the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.
- They are pure. Think lucid. Eliminates confusion.
- It enlightens our eyes. Scripture brings clarity to the difficult moments in life.
- 19.9a – the fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever. See John 4.23-24
- It is clean. Pure, without error, flawless.
- It endures forever. 1 Peter 1.23 – it is imperishable.
- 19.9b – The rules of the Lord are true, and righteous all together.
- Scripture is the final word. See John 7.24
- Righteous all together. It produces comprehensive righteousness.
CONCLUSION: Do you know Jesus?